Founded in 2016, Suuchi Inc. is reinventing the fashion supply chain and is the answer to one of the last multi-trillion dollar problems yet to be solved.
Our proprietary software and mobile app, The Suuchi Grid, connects brands with our shop floor allowing for a fully integrated supply chain.
Our team of experienced developers, sales professionals & marketers, seamstresses, designers, and project managers are our company’s pride. We believe true “know-how” comes from all walks of life. With our 27 different nationalities and a team of over 150 employees, Suuchi Inc. embraces every employee’s value and diversity to the company.
We are enjoying significant business momentum, and just closed $8M in funding to fuel continued 3X revenue growth. Selling our platform to 150+ large, midsized and emerging brands has driven our tremendous growth to date, and we are seeking a Software Development Manager to reach our revenue goals.
The Software Development Manager will add structure, stability, clarity, and confidence to the development team in their day to day work. Provide support in order to achieve high quality results and outcomes. Lead multiple development teams that are working with Agile-Scrum. Conduct all Agile-Scrum ceremonies, review progress; identify and asses any potential obstacles or deficiencies creating barriers towards completion. Monitor quality to ensure that products meet their technical and business objectives. This is a key leadership position that will provide technical oversight of project deliverables, drive engineering best practices, and coach assigned engineers to grow their impact and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership, vision, and day to day tactical management.
- Work closely to organize and facilitate communications between the development team, clearing communication hurdles and mitigating confusion to ensure project success. Ensure metrics are tracked, procedures are followed, and inefficiencies are identified and addressed.
- Manage skills, training, hours, performance reviews, motivation, identify deficiencies in resourcing and work to address these deficiencies
- Ownership of Jira, Boards, Sprints and Backlog; reporting on schedule, ensure visibility and transparency
- Work with Project Managers and others in the context of larger projects to ensure coordination of delivery.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong development knowledge.
- Define and support technical and personal development goals to grow team members’ careers
- Provide project team oversight, acting as Scrum Master, Agile Coach, or even Architect when needed
- Quickly learn our business domain, and the customer needs that drive urgency and timelines, and keep teams abreast of goals, priorities, and plans
- Work collaboratively with other Technology leaders to provide direction, prioritization, and estimation
- Continuously work with team processes to increase efficiency. Develop, measure and interpret statistics that serve as indicators of team performance. Use this information to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience working in an enterprise-scale SaaS production environment.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 6+ years managing technical teams in the development of highly complex, enterprise-class implementations.
- Expert knowledge of agile methodologies and tools like Scrum, Jira, etc.
- Good knowledge of process development and release management
- Strong experience in team collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Deep understanding of business and technical processes and how they support clients’ business
- Experience building and operating large scale, distributed systems
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Established expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
- Knowledge with containerization (i.e. Docker) and container management (i.e. Kubernetes) a plus
- Fundamental understanding of git, branching, merging and conflict resolution
- Experience architecting, developing, deploying and monitoring SaaS systems at a large-scale a plus.
- Ability to articulate the design with architects and discuss strategy/requirements with teams
- Passionate about technology
- Process mindset, able to develop and improve process in order to support quality applications
- Good sense of humor
- Positive outlook, patience, and great relationship-building skills
- Conduct yourself with business integrity
- Strong sense of urgency
- Take ownership
- Embrace humility and teamwork
- Ability to connect, influence and motivate others
Go to all jobs