North Bergen, NJ 07047
The Pattern Maker/ Tech Designer is responsible for managing a team that delivers exceptional fit and high quality construction details in a range of apparel. The Manager is an integral contributor to the development and execution of department strategy for fit, sizing/grading, product construction and process effectiveness. This position requires a high level of management skills including, communication, problem solving, team development, technical design and process management. This person should thrive in a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and client needs.
- Manages Technical Design operations and methods, increase accuracy and productivity while meeting very tight production deadlines.
- High level of complex technical problem solving.
- Impeccable time management skills with great sense of urgency
- Evaluate tech packs to ensure comments are thorough, accurate, and complete for domestic and internal factories
- Maintain daily communication with internal and external teams
- Develops and maintains fit protocol and standards for each brand.
- Drives for continual improvement and innovation to enhance product quality, fit and process effectiveness.
- Encourage team atmosphere within area and across product categories; fosters open communication and team environment with all business partners; receives constructive feedback professionally.
- Holds self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes.
- Fluent in Gerber
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management position.
- Expertise in patternmaking including grading, construction, and fit for multiple and complex products.
- Specialist in fit / knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods.
- Fluent in product pipeline processes and cross-functional roles & responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to interface effectively with senior/executive leadership.
- Proven ability to build peak performing teams and lead teams through change.
- Strong people assessment and development skills.
- Critical thinking and strategic analysis/planning with a holistic approach.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve in a fast-paced high pressure environment.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
Computer skills (preferred programs: computer pattern programs, such as Illustrator, Gerber, Lectra, email system i.e. MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word).
Go to all jobs