In these newsletters, we’ll include industry news, our take to what supply chain participants (i.e. brands, retailers, factories, etc.) can do during these times, and we’ll also be including blogs from our team, podcast interviews, and other resources that you may find interesting, or helpful.
Today, we will be covering the following topics:
- The Pandemic That’s Halted The World
- What Brands Can Do During This Time
- How To Strengthen Your Supply Chain While Your Competitor Is Down
- Suuchi’s Official COVID-19 Statement + Interview
We hope you find these emails informative and that they help you through education and/or spark ideas for ways to execute on your supply chain!
Onto the news…
Wow, Sheldon was right
Yep, that’s all of us now! At least we’re guessing you’re doing the same during this WFH period.
We have to keep things light-hearted while we’re going through this PANDEMIC! The rest of this email will be business as usual, but we thought that meme might lighten up the mood!
Now to the serious…
The Pandemic that’s Halted the World
How did we get here? How did this spread so fast? How are we going to get past this? Those are all valid questions because we’re literally going through something unprecedented that will be talked about 100 years from now. We’re going to be those resilient entrepreneurs, business owners, and innovators that will get past this and positively impact our local economies by getting consumers to start shopping again.
We know things look grim right now, but we’re a resilient species and we don’t take no for an answer. No Coronavirus, you’re not taking us out.
So what does this mean for you, the brand owner, the professional at a retailer, the entrepreneur that hasn’t even gotten to launch your brand?
Literally that, it’s time to digitize everything
While supply chains have been impacted all around the world, and in some cases, even completely stopped, we need to think about what we can do in order to hedge our risk of impact.
For those of you that your businesses rely on email communication, spreadsheets, and even paper ledgers (i.e. major retailers), you’re likely facing a frenzy of challenges right now. During a time like this, while yes we understand that we’re all taking a hit from this, we have the opportunity to take action while our competitors are at a standstill as well. The following are recommendations for a set of key practices that will make you a stronger brand or retailer post-COVID-19:
- Digital Supply Chain: Having a streamlined view of what’s going on, in real-time, of each stage within your supply chain is critical for success in this fast-paced world. This even helps your business by enabling you to showcase full transparency at the customer-level.
- Streamlined Communication: Having 20 different email threads with countless emails with multiple supply chain participants (i.e. yourself, designers, agents, factories, etc.) can be a crippling factor today. Yes, email is great and all, but there are better ways to have all participants under one virtual roof where all communications are traced to one particular style.
- Track Everything: Having a digital supply chain enables you to capture every move within your supply chain. Implementing technology like this will help you spot problems and/or areas within your supply chain that you can invest in for faster time to market, higher quality products, and more.
- Stronger Networks: Having a network of hundreds of diverse partners never hurts, right? During scenarios where a factory or mill can’t deliver due to unforeseen circumstances, it’s good to have options. Also, as your brand grows, you might find yourself expanding to a new category that your current supplier cannot execute on. Strengthen your network.
Fortunately for you, we’ve got you covered!
Now while most of your competitors are trying to figure out their next move, you can begin to implement a new tech platform, the Suuchi GRID, into your supply chain that will make you a truly digital-first brand.
Learn how the GRID can digitize your supply chain | Mobile Demo
Message from our CEO
In this 5-minute interview, our podcast host, Emanuel, sits down with Suuchi to talk about what we’re doing to help our team, partners, and clients to further mitigate risk. She goes into what brands should be doing during this time…
Suuchi’s COVID-19 Statement
Suuchi Inc. is dedicated to always providing our brands, employees, and stakeholders with transparent communication, so we find it imperative that we address the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
It’s no secret that the fashion industry has felt the impact of this disease and we have been monitoring the spread extensively. As a Western Hemisphere-based supply chain, we’ve been able to minimize the impact to our brands, but as the virus spreads and countries close their borders we anticipate some delays. Our entire team is monitoring the situation to ensure that we are making the best decisions for our customers and our entire organization. We have also taken precautions to limit the potential exposure to COVID-19 and are in constant communication with all of our mills, vendors, and factories for updates.
With our vast supply chain of 400+ factories and 200+ mills, primarily in unaffected regions, we are confident we will be able to continue to scale with minimal execution risk. We are happy to help companies looking to diversify and protect their supply chain by establishing a production base in the Western Hemisphere.
Podcast episodes to listen to while you WFH
The Suuchi Podcast is our ongoing weekly series where we interview entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and decision-makers to learn their stories of how they got to where they are today. Just by listening to someone’s story and hearing how they faced a certain challenge and eventually overcame it could save you time and money…. here are some episodes that we recommend:
Suuchi Podcast Ep. #075
In this episode, we sit down with Jay Menez, a serial entrepreneur, personal development coach, speaker, and author to Spark, an international bestseller. During times like this, it’s important that we strengthen our minds by learning new things, such as the 8 mental habits of highly successful people! We hope you enjoy this interview and that it sparks a new idea for your brand.
Suuchi Podcast Ep. #063: Challenges & Solutions
In this episode, we sit down with Stephen Rector, President of Bakertown Consulting and a former executive at Macy’s and rue21. Stephen has 20+ years of experience in retail so he brings amazing insight to brands interested in brick-and-mortar, e-commerce, merchandising, and much more! Enjoy Part #1 of our 2 part interview with Stephen.